Search This Blog

Out of Hibernation

Monday 7th March 2011.
Another bad winter, flu, vehicle repairs, house repairs and generally overcast sky with a very cold wind. The sun stirred me out of my sloth like existence on Monday and I made my way down to Hurlstone Point for a gentle bouldering session. Drove into the NT car park at Bossington and found that the parking meter machine was still standing defiantly at the entrance. Worst still the rate has increased to £3 for all day. Left quickly and parked by the roadside instead.
It was a beautiful day in the sun protected from the cold easterly breeze. There is a little chalk here and there tending to suggest that some hardy soul has been active on the bouldering wall during the winter. Being ten pounds above my fighting weight I really felt the strain in my arms, even sitting on a boulder I felt heavy. Must do something about that quickly.  
Saw three couples out walking around the point. Looking across Porlock Bay towards Glenthorne and Foreland Point the coast was in shadow with mist shrouding the hill top. It did not look very inviting at all.

No comments: